The health of your mouth affects the health of your whole body. When you have a dental problem, it is best to have our dental staff at AffableCare Dental give you a thorough examination and then an explanation of all the options offered by modern dentistry.
The good news is that you are taking the first step to get your mouth and your body back into good health. And you are not alone! Millions of people have experienced the same problems, and improved their condition with the help and care of AffableCare Dental.
Common Dental Problems
- Abscessed tooth – An abscess is a painful condition caused by infection in a badly damaged or decayed tooth.
- Bad Breath (halitosis) – Halitosis, or “bad breath” is a common, but embarrassing condition that often has a dental cause.
- Cavities and Tooth Decay – Tooth decay is the process of a tooth’s mineral content being dissolved. A cavity, or caries, is the actual hole in a tooth that is caused by tooth decay.
- Dry Mouth – Dry mouth is caused by an inadequate supply of saliva. This is usually due to medication side effects, but may have other causes.
- Fluorosis – Fluorosis is a defect in tooth enamel caused by excessive fluoride in young children. It typically looks like white streaks or spots in teeth.
- Gum Disease (Gingivitis) – Gingivitis is an inflammation of the gums that is usually caused by plaque. It is the earliest and most easily treated from of gum disease, as it only affects the gums, but it must be treated to avoid more serious gum disease.
- Impacted/Wisdom Teeth – An impacted tooth is one that fails to properly emerge through the gums. Dr. Noel will recommend extraction of impacted wisdom teeth if they pose a problem for your mouth and other teeth.
- Jaw Disorders – Most problems with the jaw come from the temporomandibular joint (TMJ) and the muscles that help you chew. AffableCare Dental has treatments that can ease this pain and discomfort.
- Oral Cancer – Early detection is the key to successful treatment of oral cancers, so AffableCare Dental is the first line of defense. Ask Dr. Noel about oral cancer screening at your next regular visit.
- Periodontal Disease (Periodontitis) – Periodontitis is advanced gum disease. While gingivitis, the earlier stage, affects only the gums, periodontitis is infection that has spread to surrounding tissue, including tooth and bone.
- Plaque – Plaque is a sticky film of bacteria that coats teeth. When we eat, plaque reacts with the food in our mouth and releases acids that eat away at teeth enamel, causing tooth decay.
- Sensitive Teeth – Tooth Sensitivity is a very common problem that can be treated effectively by Dr. Noel with different products and techniques. It occurs when gums have receded or tooth enamel is worn down to reveal the sensitive parts of the tooth.
- Teeth Grinding (Bruxism) – Bruxism is either the clenching or grinding of teeth, or both of them together. Dr. Noel will often recommend a mouth appliance to prevent damage to your teeth, and stress reduction to change the behavior.
- Toothaches – There are many possible causes for a toothache. Two of the most common dental causes are the presence of a cavity or an abscess. Some of the other causes of toothache are quite serious, so you should certainly consult AffableCare Dental for a proper diagnosis.
Quality dental care for the Lancaster, Depew, Cheektowaga, NY and the surrounding communities.